There are only a few days left so show off your baseball and football knowledge for a chance to WIN A $40 TP’s GIFT CERTIFICATE. Stop in to TP’s anytime and take the print version of the quiz, or fill it out and submit your entry online using the form below.
The deadline is this Friday, October 31st and a winner will be contacted and announced on Monday afternoon, so make sure to enter before it’s too late!
Congratulations to Brian Fox for winning the TP’s Fall Sports Quiz! Brian, please stop by TP’s any time to pick your prize: A $40 TP’s GIFT CERTIFICATE! (and please bring some ID so that we know you are you).
Brian was one of two perfect scores on this Fall’s quiz, guessing all of the correct answers to the questions below. If you think you know your Sports (and other random knowledge), stay tuned for our Winter Sports Quiz and another chance to WIN!
And don’t forget that TP’s is Rochester’s spot regardless of your favorite sport! We have every televised game (including NFL Sunday Ticket) in HD on our many screens so you don’t have to channel surf or miss any of the action. Make sure to come early on weekdays for Happy Hour specials from 3-7pm!
Here are the correct answers for our Fall Sports Quiz:
1.) Which team set an NFL record with 14 consecutive winless home games during the 1980’s?
- A.) Dallas Cowboys – CORRECT
- B.) San Francisco 49ers
- C.) Jacksonville Jaguars
- D.) Houston Texans
2.) Which of the following NFL teams went without a win in its inaugural season?
- A.) Seattle Seahawks
- B.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CORRECT
- C.) Carolina Panthers
- D.) Houston Texans
3.) How many seasons did Walter Payton lead the NFL in rushing yards?
- A.) One – CORRECT
- B.) Five
- C.) Seven
- D.) Fifteen
4.) What freak injury forced the Cardinals to bench eventual Rookie of the Year Vince Coleman in the 1985 National League Championship Series?
- A.) He tied his shoes too tight
- B.) Pulled a muscle spitting sunflower seeds
- C.) Separated his shoulder during a high-five
- D.) He was run over by a tarp machine – CORRECT
5.) What secret advantage did Bobby Thomson of the Giants have when he hit his famed “Shot Heard ‘Round the World” in a 1951 playoff game?
- A.) He was using a corked bat
- B.) The pitcher was hungover
- C.) His team was stealing signs with a telescope – CORRECT
- D.) He has refrigerated his underwear
- Submit your entry by answering the questions on the form above.
- One entry will be accepted per e-mail address, if multiple entries are submitted from one e-mail address, only the first entry submitted will be accepted
- To be eligible to win, you must submit your answers by 11:59pm on October 31st, 2014
- The person that answers the most questions correctly will win a $40 gift certificate to TP’s Irish Pub. In the event of a tie, one winner will be chosen randomly out of those that have answered the most questions correctly.
- Winners will be posted on the TP’s Irish Pub website, our Facebook page, and our Twitter feed during the first week in November. We will also contact the winner via e-mail, Facebook or Twitter (whichever is available).
- If you win, you can redeem your prize by coming into TP’s (you must bring some ID with you to claim your prize).
- Employees of TP’s are not eligible for this contest
Bonus: Which two MLB teams/franchises have never appeared in the World Series? Seattle Mariners and Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos
Online Pub Quiz Rules